A Maryland scheduling conference may be quite difficult for the parties because emotions run high, and the atmosphere between the parties may be tense. Before attending a Maryland scheduling conference, you should review the following tips to help you smoothly handle your Maryland scheduling conference. At the Law Office of LaSheena M. Williams, when you know what to expect before the hearing you will have an advantage in starting your domestic case on the right foot.
Maryland Scheduling Conference Checklist
We hope the following Maryland Scheduling Conference checklist will help alleviate any anxiety you may have in appearing for you Maryland scheduling conference:
- Bring an Experienced Attorney: To bolster your chances of success, you need an assertive and knowledgeable family law attorney. With the right legal counsel, not only will you feel calmer during the conference, but you will also send a message that you are serious about securing your rights.
- Bring Your Calendar: During your Maryland scheduling conference, the court will establish several dates for different deadlines, classes, and hearings. Bringing your calendar will help you know your availability, when confirming your dates and deadlines with the court.
- Bring Your Patience: Since the purpose of the court is to address the concerns of both parties, there may be issues that you cannot agree on or that you are unhappy with during the conference. Always try your best to remain calm and patient, as your demeanor may affect your case’s direction.
- Have a Plan of Action: Decide on a plan of action with your attorney and go into your scheduling conference with your goals and plan of action in mind. Keeping focused on your goals will help you move through the conference with purpose.
- Know Your Issues: Knowledge is vital during a legal challenge. The more you know, the better prepared you are to face obstacles or challenges if they arise.
If You Are in a Contested Family Law Matter, Contact an Experienced Montgomery County, Maryland or Prince George’s County, Maryland Divorce Attorney Today
At the Law Offices of LaSheena M. Williams, we understand the intricacies of domestic litigation and we can advocate on your behalf at the Maryland scheduling conference. Our firm fervidly represents clients throughout Rockville, Bethesda, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Chevy Chase, College Park, Cheverly, Greenbelt, Oxon Hill, Hyattsville, Upper Marlboro, Largo, Bowie, and surrounding communities. Call us today at (301) 778-9950 or send us an online request for a consultation.