New Relationship Punishment Co-Parent Refuses Custody Because of Your Relationship in Maryland

If your co-parent refuses to allow you access with your children, we can help you explore your legal options.

Maryland Child Custody Attorney, LaSheena Williams, discusses what happens when your co-parent will not allow you to have parenting time with your children:

Thank you for joining us. My name is LaSheena Williams and I am a Maryland family law attorney. My firm helps our clients take control of out-of-control domestic situations. Today we will be discussing “new relationship custody punishment.”

What is new relationship custody punishment?

New relationship custody punishment occurs when you have a custody agreement or custody order in place and as a result of a new relationship, whether it’s you having a new fiancé or a new girlfriend or you are expecting a new child, your co-parent no longer will allow you access with your child.

What if your co-parent refuses to comply with the custody agreement?

If you have a custody agreement and your co-parent refuses to comply with the custody agreement, you should speak with an attorney and contact the court in order to get a custody order put in place.

What can you do if you have a custody order and your co-parent refuses to comply with the order?

If you have a custody order and your co-parent refuses to comply with the order you can seek to have that order enforced through the use of the court. You can file a petition for contempt or you can file a petition to enforce. The difference between having a custody order versus having a custody agreement is that when you have an order in place and your co-parent refuses you access you can request makeup time through the court and you can also seek attorney’s fees for the attorney’s assistance in helping you enforce the custody order.

If you have any questions about new relationship custody punishment or any other domestic related matters, please feel free to subscribe to our channel for future updates.

Please also contact our office at (301) 778-9950 to speak with an attorney today.

Check Out Our Related Child Custody Enforcement Blog Posts:

◾ New Relationship Custody Punishment |

◾Quit Playing Games: Maryland Fathers Rights |

◾ A Game of Keep Away: Maryland Refusal of Child Custody and Child Access |

◾ Making it Work: Co-parenting After Divorce in Maryland |

Contact the Law Office of LaSheena Williams today to learn more about how we can help support you with your Maryland child custody matter.